Dear Coaches and Freelancers,
we often experience confusion about how exactly the bills should look like you send to us. There are legal constraints, which force a certain form. This guide is intended to provide more clarity:
- Always include your whole business address in the invoice
- If you are from an EU country, please always include your EU-VAT-ID and ours as well DE313300279
- If you are from a non-EU country you just bill us the total honorary (no need to add VAT)
- All receipts remain with you in the original (flights, hotels, taxi, etc.). You attach the scanned copies to your invoice.
- Invoices look like the one shown below. Especially the separate listing of travel expenses is always mandatory.
- You can find our exact billing address here. Please always use this one.
- VAT rate for German KSK-insured persons: Additional services always share the (VAT) fate of the main services. In case of doubt, please consult your tax advisor.
- If you are a small business owner (Kleinunternehmer), you do not have to add VAT (please check with your tax consultant).
- Terms of payment: See coaching contract and individual agreements.
An example of what an invoice can look like
This article is also available in: Deutsch (German)